Following feedback from supporters gathered through the recent Matchday Experience Survey, the Club has implemented a number of improvements to its supporter catering offering...
Whilst the vast majority of the feedback indicated that supporters are extremely happy with the improvements to the Matchday Experience at the Abbey Stadium this season, feedback from the survey identified room for further improvements within the area of supporter catering.
Based upon the results and individual feedback offered, the Club is pleased to provide details of the following developments:
- £4 Pints from 1:30pm-2pm in all outside bars | Starting Saturday vs Derby County
- Addition of draught cider and Coke Zero to all bars | Starting Saturday vs Derby County
- Pre pouring of pints to be scaled back | Starting Saturday vs Derby County
- Chicken and Vegetable Curry available from food outlets | Starting Oct 15th vs Sheffield Wednesday
- Option of Mash and Peas/Gravy with Pies from food outlets | Starting Oct 15th vs Sheffield Wednesday
- Continuation of pre-match live music in Fan Zones
- Addition of new activities within the Kids' Zone
Survey results showed that the overall Matchday Experience scored extremely high, with 46% of supporters awarding a score of 4/5 whilst 37% gave full marks of 5/5. The ticket-purchasing experience also scored highly, with the majority of respondents giving a rating of 5/5 and 4/5.
The friendliness of Club staff and stewards was praised with a tremendous 65% of respondents giving a 5/5 and the new Kids' Zone scored extremely well - 86% giving either a 4 or 5 out of 5.
82% of respondents have visited the Club Shop this season, with the retail outlet again scoring well across the board and nearly 60% of people gave full marks to the pre-match information available from the Club.
For supporters who have bought a Programme this season, over 50% of people gave it a 5/5 and 99% of respondents said they would come to another game at the Abbey Stadium again soon.
Commenting on the improvements and the survey results, CEO Alex Tunbridge said, “It's so important that we listen to feedback from our supporters in-order to keep improving and to understand what our fans want. We were delighted with the responses we received and it's heartening to see that so many people are enjoying their Matchday Experience this season.
"Having heard from our fans, we are making some immediate changes to our food and drink offering in the Kiosks around the ground so that we can provide more variety and greater value to our supporters."
The Club is continuing to explore upgrades to the Newmarket Road End supporter experience and hope to be able to offer an update within the next week.