Cambridge United Academy are hiring a Lead Sports Scientist (U9 - U16)...
A brand-new opportunity has arisen in the Sports Science department at Cambridge United FC for an honest, hard-working, and humble candidate in the role of Academy Lead Sports Scientist (U9 - U16).
The successful candidate will work across all Academy age groups, with a key focus on the development of FP and YDP players, providing an outstanding level of support through best practice Strength and Conditioning, Sports Science modalities, both on-pitch and off-pitch.
The role will be based at the Club’s Training Ground, and other linked venues. Attendance at all training and matchdays, home and away, will be required.
Key job outcomes:
- Lead and deliver best practice Strength and Conditioning, Sports Science coaching in line with EPPP requirements, and Academy philosophy, to U9-16 Academy squads, on-pitch and gym-based as required.
- Responsible for U16s on Day Release with the Professional Development Phase (PDP).
- Be responsible for collection and reporting U9-16s Academy squads physical testing and growth and maturation, in line with EPPP requirements.
- Provide matchday support for U9-16s, delivering pre-match warm up, post-match conditioning and recovery as required.
- Collaborate with Medical team to assist in best practice injury prevention methods, and end-stage rehabilitation for injured players.
- Lead and deliver seminars and workshops relating to recovery, nutrition, physiology to coaching staff, playing staff and parents across the season.
- Attend CPD to enhance the Sports Science practice across the Academy.
- Liaise with Head of Coaching, Lead Phase coaches, and age group coaches with training design ideas to optimise physical development alongside technical and tactical goals.
- Contribute to Player IDP programmes to track and support their development.
- Assist the Head of Academy Performance with PDP programme when required.
- To attend meetings as required by the Academy Manager and Head of Academy Performance.
- To undertake additional duties are required by the Academy Manager and Head of Academy Performance.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 23 August 2023.
- For further information and to apply, please click here.
Cambridge United FC is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a supportive and inclusive working environment in which all individuals can make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religious or political belief or affiliation, trade union membership, gender, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, socio-economic background or any other inappropriate distinction or characteristic covered by the Equality Act 2010.