Cambridge United Academy is hiring a part-time PDP (U18) Assistant Coach & Individual Technical Coach...
The chosen candidate will support the progression of players into and through the Academy pathway and work closely with the Head of Coaching and regularly feedback from training and matches on individual progress / performance.
- To assist with the practical delivery of the scholarship programme and ensure sessions are delivered to a high standard
- Develop individual players allowing all players to achieve their maximum potential
- Ensure the Coaching syllabus and Coaching Methodology is implemented daily
- To attend daily MDT planning meetings prior to session delivery
- To communicate effectively with the PDP Lead Coach and other supporting staff
- To support, plan and deliver training sessions to PDP players
- To plan and deliver training sessions in line with EPPP criteria, club policy and which fulfils the criteria set out in the Academy coaching and playing philosophy
- To help assist in the monitoring and assessment of PDP players in training and in match performances
- To undertake personal CPD as appropriate to meet the demands of the role
- To help support 6-week player reviews and participate in individual player meetings alongside PDP Lead Coach
- To work alongside the PDP Lead Coach to develop your coaching and personal professional development
- To attend meetings as directed by the Head of Coaching
- Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience Required Desirable
- UEFA A Coaching Qualification
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- First Aid qualification
- Experience of working in the professional game previously
- Able to communicate effectively
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in an academy environment previously
Interested applicants should apply by clicking here and submitting their CV and Cover Letter.
- Application Closing Date: Friday 21st October
- Interview Date(s): Week commencing Monday 24th October
Cambridge United FC is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a supportive and inclusive working environment in which all individuals can make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
We do not discriminate against staff on the basis of age, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religious or political belief or affiliation, trade union membership, gender, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, socio-economic background or any other inappropriate distinction or characteristic covered by the Equality Act 2010.