Join the matchday support team by becoming an Abbey Helper...
Cambridge United are looking for individuals who are keen to assist in creating the ultimate matchday experience at The Abbey Stadium.
The Abbey Helpers, working with the Supporters Liaison Officer will play a key role in this ambition. The Abbey Helpers will help create a warm and friendly atmosphere for all spectators, enhancing the spectator experience on match days and will be available to help those attending the Abbey Stadium for the first time.
Their objective will be to make the matchday experience enjoyable for all supporters, to meet and greet supporters, to engage and assist supporters when coming to the match.
- Provide support and information to all supporters at every home match
- To provide a friendly, welcoming and trustworthy point of contact on match days supporting both individuals and families coming to the Abbey Stadium
- Be on hand to show new visitors to the Abbey Stadium, around to the various and relevant points in the ground
- To ensure that the Club's Safeguarding and Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- To ensure that a high standard of customer service is delivered at all times
- Engage with supporters within the Fanzone area when open
- Be responsible for managing activations within the Fanzone when open
It is the interaction with fans that makes being an Abbey Helper really rewarding and enjoyable. With Cambridge United building for the future, more volunteers are required to assist on matchdays
The Abbey Helpers do not have to be football fans, they might be just interested in local volunteering or looking to gain customer service work experience.
To apply or for further information concerning the Abbey Helper scheme or helping on matchdays, please email Cambridge United's Supporter's Liaison Officer, Dave Matthew-Jones.