As the COVID lockdown measures start to ease we are now in a position to explain to supporters the initial plan regarding 2021/22 Season Tickets...
An email from CEO Ian Mather was sent to Season Ticket Holders earlier today explaining the following:
- The Club plans to put Season Tickets on sale once there is more clarity on how many supporters will be allowed inside the Abbey on Matchdays and on what terms.
- We don’t expect to have these details before 14th June, following the next scheduled government announcement relating to the easing of COVID measures. The reasoning behind this is so that A) supporters will have more clarity over the games they will be able to see and B) the Club will have more clarity over how many supporters will be allowed inside the Abbey and therefore how many Season Tickets will be available for sale.
- There will be a price increase on Season Tickets next year due to the financial strain placed on the Club during the COVID pandemic, the rising costs that come with promotion and our aim to put out a competitive team on the pitch in a higher division.
- As a way of saying thank you to 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders who supported the Club financially, despite not knowing if they would see a game at the Abbey Stadium, we will be offering existing Season Ticket Holders the opportunity to buy their Season Tickets at a discounted price during a priority window before General Sale.
- In addition to this, 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders will be invited to the Abbey Stadium to have a photo with the League Two Runners Up Trophy.
The season just gone was full of moments for fans to enjoy. Unfortunately, the enjoyment was confined to iFollow. Our hope is that we will be able to welcome all fans – old and hopefully some new ones - to the Abbey next season to enjoy League One football.
Further communication around Season Tickets will be released over the coming weeks. The Club would like to thank all of its supporters for their ongoing support.
United in Endeavour.