Cambridge United is hiring a First Team Therapist...
The First Team Therapist will be either a registered Physiotherapist, Sports Therapist or Graduate Sports Rehabilitator, who, under supervision of the Head of Medical, will undertake clinical and administrative duties of the medical department at Cambridge United Football Club.
The post holder will provide assessment, diagnosis, and management to First Team players to maximise the squad training and matchday availability in League One.
Key Job Outcomes:
- To work with the Sport Science and Medical Team to deliver a multidisciplinary approach to player and team development.
- To provide and assist in the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of all first team players.
- To assist in the creation and delivery of advanced rehabilitation programmes centred on player specific performance demands.
- Deliver a robust process of objective measuring to inform the return to play process from injury.
- Assist in the provision and delivery of player individual physical development and injury risk reduction programmes.
- Provide and assist in the matchday emergency aid cover to the First Team alongside the Head of Medical and club Doctor.
- Provide continuous communication of squad availability to the First Team Head of Medical as required.
- Maintain accurate and professional documentation in line with Chartered Standards.
- Maintain active professional development portfolio.
- To adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Cambridge United Football Club and its operation.
- To act in a manner that supports the Club’s Vision and Values at all times.
Applicants should have a degree in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation. HCPC, SST or GSR Accreditation and an in-date FA ATMMiF or ITMMiF certificate - or accepted equivalent - is also required.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 21st June 2023.
- For further information about the role, please view the Recruitment Pack. To apply for the role, please click here.
Cambridge United FC is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a supportive and inclusive working environment in which all individuals can make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religious or political belief or affiliation, trade union membership, gender, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, socio-economic background or any other inappropriate distinction or characteristic covered by the Equality Act 2010.