Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

11 February 2020 Venue Sands Venue Stadium Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


11 February 2020

Cambridge United made it three consecutive Sky Bet League Two wins, with a comfortable 0-2 victory over Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park.

A stunning first half free kick from Idris El-Mizouni was added to by Paul Mullin in the second half, with a second clean sheet in four days continuing the U’s upturn in form under Mark Bonner.

A knock to Harry Darling mean George Taft was the first of three changes made by Bonner, with the interim Head Coach also electing to switch his front two as Paul Mullin came in for his first start and Idris El-Mizouni returned to the starting eleven.

On the back of consecutive League Two wins, the U’s almost flew into a perfect start inside three minutes when El-Mizouni delivered a cross into the centre of the Scunthorpe area where Mullin was denied a tap in by a last ditch interception by Levi Sutton.

Bonner’s boys kept the pressure on the hosts with a high press in the early stages though and were rewarded with the first goal on 15 minutes. El-Mizouni produced a textbook free kick from 20 yards out in a central position, when the Ipswich loanee lifted an unstoppable shot past Ian Lawlor with the inside of his right boot.

United’s first real scare of the game came on 25 minute when John McAtee worked room for a right footed shot, which was struck cleanly but whistled wide of Burton’s right post.

The U’s maintained their energy in pinning back the Iron though, and even when Scunthorpe did break the press they were wasteful with the sights at United’s goal as proven by a wild miss from Van Veen at close range moments before half time.

Reggie Lambe replaced Liam O’Neil seven minutes into the second half, with the U’s midfielder having taken an early knock after the break.

Conditions were tougher for both sides as the rain intensified, but it did little to dampen the spirits from the travelling U’s support in the away end who were rewarded with a second United goal to celebrate just after the hour mark. Harrison Dunk displayed exemplary work rate to intercept the ball and dart into the Scunthorpe box, before his lash goalwards was parried by Lawlor, straight into the path of Paul Mullin for the easiest of finishes at close range.

Victor Adeboyejo and Harvey Knibbs were brought on to freshen the U’s up for the final quarter of the game by Mark Bonner.

United hurled bodies in front of a John McAtee shot from the edge of the area, whilst Van Veen and Bedeau both missed the target with shots from range as the U’s ran down the clock and protected their lead expertly.

Scunthorpe United: Lawlor, Butler, Van Veen, Perch (Liddle, 80 mins), Gabriel, Gillead, Sutton (Miller, 68 mins), McGahey, Eisa (Colclough, 75 mins), Bedeau, McAtee


Cambridge United: Burton, Knoyle, Taylor, Taft, Dunk, Davies, Maris, O’Neil (Lambe, 52 mins), Lewis, El-Mizouni (Knibbs, 75 mins), Mullin (Adeboyejo, 71 mins)


Attendance: 2,746

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account