Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

01 January 2018 Venue Weston Homes Community Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


1 January 2018

Cambridge United kicked off 2018 by extending their unbeaten run in Sky Bet League Two to four games with a goalless draw against Colchester United at the Weston Holmes Community Stadium.

Greg Taylor moved into central midfield in place of Medy Elito, whilst Jake Carroll was the only addition to the starting line-up from the win over Crewe Alexandra two days earlier.

Uche Ikpeazu fired over the first opportunity of the game, when a deep Jake Carroll cross to the far post bounced awkwardly in front of the striker who could only guide it over the bar.

A miscommunication between Leon Legge and David Forde led to the host’s opening chance, but Mikael Mandron slammed the ball into the side netting after pouncing on the loose ball.

United had further half chances through Jevani Brown and Jake Carroll, whilst Vincent-Young raised the pulses when his cross slid right through the heart of United’s six yard box five minutes before the break.

David Amoo was forced to leave the pitch at the end of a goalless first half owing to injury and was replaced by former Colchester United man Medy Elito.

Shaun Derry’s men opened up with a series of opportunities after half time, the best of which saw Uche Ikpeazu burst past two defenders before laying the ball off for Jevani Brown whose shot landed in the hands of Sam Walker.

Brown tested Walker once more after the hour mark, curling a shot from 20 yards towards the far corner only for the Colchester keeper to divert the effort away from goal with his right hand.

Despite United looking the side the more likely to register a winner, David Forde produced a similar save ten minutes from time to deny Ryan Jackson who fired a low effort across the face of goal, which proved to be the final attempt of the match.

Cambridge United: Forde, Halliday, Legge, Taft (Azeez, 51 mins), Carroll (Dunk, 85 mins), Maris, Deegan, Taylor, Amoo (Elito, 42 mins), Brown, Ikpeazu

Colchester United: Walker, Kent, Eastman, Kpekawa, Jackson, Lapslie, Murray (Comley, 68 mins), Vincent-Young, Wright (Guthrie, 59 mins), Szmodics, Mandron (Hanlan, 78 mins)

Attendance: 4,789 (777)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account